The LIVESTRONG Foundation fights for the more than 32.6 million people around the world affected by cancer now. how about Founded in 1997, LIVESTRONG unites, inspires and empowers people and their loved ones affected by cancer with free cancer support services.
In this episode, Charlie and Kyle chat with Mike Threadgould, Digital Marketing Manager at LIVESTRONG, and Genny Dalton, a cancer survivor and LIVESTRONG alumni. Genny Dalton shares her story of strength through her fight with colon cancer. She teaches us how to be our own advocate in the US health system and how the foundation’s programs empower patients during and post cancer treatment. Genny shares her experiences with LIVESTRONG’s programs including LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, and LIVESTRONG Navigation. Looking ahead, Mike talks about their goal to drive systematic changes in patient-centered care through the LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes which they launched in partnership with The University of Texas Dell Medical School.
Learn more about LIVESTRONG & Survivors Like Genny Dalton Below
- Learn all about the LIVESTRONG’s mission and connect with cancer resources on their official website
- Watch Genny’s Story
- Support them on Facebook
- Stay up to date on Twitter
- Inspire yourself through amazing stories of cancer survivors on YouTube
- See the lives changed on Instagram
Restore your faith in humanity with Everyday Superhumans
- Click here for our official website!
- Subscribe to the Superhuman Newsletter for your monthly dosage of good news
- Rate us on iTunes
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet at us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a Superhuman and donate to our Patreon!
Special thanks to Adam Dodson Designs for our logo!
Music in this episode:
Opening & Transition Themes Themes – Take a Chance Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Closing Theme – “Door to Door” by Alex Alan