For twenty-five years and counting Austin’s Sustainable Food Center has been providing a healthy connection between the farmers of Central Texas and Austinites. With programs such as their weekly farmers markets giving farmers and customers a chance to interact with each other, to the Happy Kitchen sharing the joy of cooking, and many more programs. The Sustainable Food Center is on a mission of cultivating a healthy community here in Austin, Texas.
Charlie & Kyle sit down with Joy Casnovsky, the Deputy Director of the Sustainable Food Center and chat about the perks of buying from local farms, how cooking with fresh ingredients not only tastes better but also is better for you, and how the Sustainable Food Center bridges the gap between the urban and rural communities.
Grow, share and prepare with the Sustainable Food Center
- Check out their many programs, farmers markets, cooking classes and many more things on their official website
- Show your support on Facebook
- Keep up to date on all things SFC on Twitter
- See what’s up on their Instagram
- See the many stories of the SFC on their YouTube channel
Restore your faith in humanity with Everyday Superhumans
- Click here for our official website!
- Subscribe to the Superhuman Newsletter for your monthly dosage of good news
- Rate us on iTunes
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet at us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a Superhuman and donate to our Patreon!
Special thanks to Adam Dodson Designs for our logo!
Music in this episode:
Opening & Transition Themes Themes – Take a Chance Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Closing Theme – “Door to Door” by Alex Alan