There are two families everybody has in their life: the one they’re born with and the ones they choose. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be born within a safe household, but we do have the choice to find a family that loves and protects us. Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA) is the family for those less fortunate. BACA offers the support and protection that has always been ingrained within biker culture to children in need. Founded by a social worker and driven by bikers, BACA has empowered survivors of childhood abuse and shown them that they too can be strong and powerful to overcome the monsters in their life.
Charlie and Kyle chat with Rocksteady and The Kid of BACA Austin about empowering children through biker culture, and the many lives BACA has changed. Who knew that such badasses could be the biggest sweethearts?
More on BACA
- BACAWorld.org, the official website of Bikers Against Child Abuse
- The BACA Austin chapter
- Give them a like on Facebook
- Stay up to date on Twitter
- See what the bikers are up to on Instagram
Restore your faith in humanity with Everyday Superhumans
- Click here for our official website!
- Subscribe to the Superhuman Newsletter for your monthly dosage of good news
- Rate us on iTunes
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet at us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become a Superhuman and donate to our Patreon!
Special thanks to Adam Dodson Designs for our logo!
Music in this episode:
Opening & Transition Themes Themes – Take a Chance Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Closing Theme – “Door to Door” by Alex Alan