Tapestry Dance Company is the world’s only full-time professional repertory tap dance company and it’s HERE in Austin. The non-profit dance organization was founded in 1989 by rhythm tap dancer, Acia Gray (@Soulsfeet), and ballet/jazz artist, Deirdre Strand. Together they not only cultivate talent but also educate others on the art form of tap dancing.
In this entertaining episode, Kyle and Charlie get an impromptu tap dance lesson, discover the origins of the art of tap dancing, and take a step in the right direction, with the help of Tapestry co-founder, Acia Gray.
More on Tapestry Dance Company
- Dance on over to their website for more info on upcoming show and lessons
- Tap that like button on Facebook
- Watch the show on YouTube
- Dance along with Tapestry on their official Twitter
- Tapestry’s official documentary: Tapestry Dance Company – A Vision in Rhythm
More on Everyday Superhumans
- Become a Superhuman and donate to our Patreon!
- Click here for our official website!
- Rate us on iTunes
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet at us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
Special thanks to Adam Dodson Designs for our logo!
Music in this episode:
Opening & Transition Themes Themes – Take a Chance Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Closing Theme – “Door to Door” by Alex Alan